Thursday, October 4, 2012

Snorkeling In Freeport

Well I took the plunge and jumped off the ladder into the blue waters in Freeport!  I was never so nervous in my life.  The guide was so kind to me telling me to relax and place my face right on the top of the water and keep my eyes closed, so I did!!! Then he said to open them and I was brought to tears from the beauty that surrounded me.  Got to see a good size puffer fish and some conch too!  The fish were so colorful and the water clear and the prettiest shade of blue.

What next?  Well Nick also went in much easier than I.  However he took his cell phone snorkeling too!  Not good, now we have no phone on the trip! Oops!






























After we came up from the snorkeling there was fresh cut pineapple, watermelon and ginger cookies and the most yummy granola brownies I have ever had!  Then it was off  to a desserted island for a BBQ and then they opened the conch and made a local favorite called conch salad!  It was a blend of fresh pineapple juice, orange juice, onion, peppers, and hot peppers.  It was so sweet and tasty! I almost forgot the unlimited Bahama Mama's we had from 10:30am until we got back!  Yummy! So we swam in the ocean did a little more snorkeling and back to the dock.  While traveling back TK the Captain made a local drink for us it was called Gullet Wash!!  They make it with coconut water, condensed milk, cinnamon and nutmeg  and of all things GIN served over ice!  It was an amazing fresh taste one we will not forget!  Try it at home?  You bet we will! What a way to spend our day in Freeport!  We are thankful to TK and the entire crew at Pat and Dianes Snorkeling Tours!  They made the day SO special for us all!!!

The pictures are not great as we only had a throw away camera!  But you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. These photos are amazing Deb. The water is so clear and beautiful. Was it as warm as it looks? The fish are magical. It sounds as if you loved every moment, once you embraced the idea of it and relaxed. Snorkleing is a bit unnverving, as I remember from the last time I embarked on such an adventure.

    Love the photos of your 'flotation devices'. Obviously Nick took those!

    The after drinks sound dangerously yummy. I'm so glad you had such an incredible opportunity. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete